Another purse



This purse is one of my closet purses. One of the purses I made that I threw in my closet unlined and unfinished because I wasn't sure anybody else would like them. As you can see it is now lined in this beautiful green satin and finished. It says a lot about me and my vision of myself. I have wanted to make beautiful purses and beautiful clothing for years but somehow I kept on making pillows and chackis because that is what sold. I would make beautiful things and either put them in my closet unfinished or sell them. I never would keep any of my creations for myself. I would literally sell other people my wares to give as gifts and not give them to anyone myself. That changed a few years ago but I realize that it says an awful lot about me. It means I was not a risk taker, that inside me is this wacky off center artist and I wanted people to think I was this subdued boring ordinary person never assuming too much responsibility or assuming to jump out of this box I put myself in. I lived a lot of my life being a fly on the wall hiding my uniqueness and talents. A lot of my life. I also spent a lot of my life hoping to blend into the wood work and have people like me. That really is not a way to live your life. It takes a certain boldness and courage to be who you are. To line your purses and move on with your life. I guess what I am trying to say is be yourself, even if that person doesn't match and throws purses which come from their soul into their closet. Be unafraid, step out of the closet and sometimes you get lucky and life turns out to be what you wanted it to be or even better. The only hard part is letting people know you've been a fake without having them think you are crazy. I will have to let you know how that works out because I'm still jumping out of the closet. Sometimes I feel like I have a leg and sometimes a foot, but I'm getting there. Keep stitchin.

Comments

Lisa Carney said…
I'm enjoying reading your blog and looking at your pictures. I'm particularly interested in your acceptance of yourself as an artist, and the feelings that come along with that. I've been wondering what happened that made you change from crafter to artist 6 months ago? A nosey question, definitely.
Tangled Stitch said…
Not nosy at all Lisa. To be honest I think maybe I always was one but hid it very well even from myself. But I somehow ended up at a website for the coop and wrote an email I probably would have never thought to write were it a different moment in my life. I'm big on intuition and signs and convinced my husband to let me do it and then I joined. It took me a while to believe I belonged there but signs being what they are I was at the coop shortly after we moved to our new building with a bag full of embroidery projects on a snowy day with no embroidery needle, so I took a book from the back called folk art and it had a description of an artist. There's your answer. It took me a long time to call myself an artist but now I realize I am one and also to be truthful I understand myself a lot better. Not only have I embraced my inner artist but parts of myself that I didn't know existed. I always know when I'm in the right place at the right time and right now I am.
Tangled Stitch said…
Forgot the most important part. Thank you for commenting.

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy