Luciano Pavarotti

This is my tribute to Luciani Pavarotti. I spent much of my life not listening to classical music and opera. But then again I spent much of my life not knowing I was an artist either.

My dad was in a coma for 8 months 10 years ago. Needless to say it was 8 months of hell. Oddly enough I discovered Andrea Bocelli on my local PBS station and got completley engulfed in Italian Music and opera, which brought me to Luciano Pavarotti. His rendition of Nessun Dorma brings tears to my eyes. Somehow the music spoke to my soul perhaps because operas are based on sad stories of loss and it is easier to grieve in another language. To this day I love to put on an Andrea Bocelli or Three Tenors album and sing my heart out in Italian(although I don't have the foggiest idea what I am singing). I will be forever grateful for finding an outlet that speaks to my soul more then my brain. And forever grateful for the angels singing the beautiful music that sings to my soul. There have been many tributes to Pavarotti and I am happy I will have his music to listen to forever. I hope his family finds the peace his music gave me when I was saying goodbye to my father for those long 8 months. Sometimes we are touched by music and art and we have no explanation as to why. But with Pavarotti it was his beautiful voice. God Bless Him.

That's all I really have to say I have been busy being creative and will share pictures soon. Keep stitchin and listen to a Pavarotti CD if you can find one. Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy