Hope



I thought Halloween was the perfect day for a black hole called hope. Hope is a piece that I designed for the Black and White gallery show at Strolling Village Artisans. Hope was hand embroidered using two strands of black thread and gold metallic thread for the hand and the threads emanating from the hand. It is one of my favorite pieces as in life, I think all of us have those black hole days when only our hand is sticking out looking for life and hope.

It's funny sometimes we have to look backwards just to see how far we've come. Hope kind of does that on a personal level and an artistic level. It was my first real piece that I thought was art. Others may beg to differ but it was truly my first attempt at self expression. Before Hope I stitched things that other people thought were art and they were symbolic and quite beautiful but not very self expressive. Hope truly explains me better then any other piece before and any other piece since.

Hope also expresses my inner feelings. If you've read my blog you know that my life has been filled with tragedy and death, but I've always had hope. Always just a little bit of optimism that life would be better if I just let it. And truthfully I'm glad I had hope because without it I wouldn't have the wonderful life I have now in a place that gives me peace, love and opportunities.

So while I share my hope with you on Halloween day I hope your inner monster becomes your inner princess and you find hope if you may need it.
title="Technorati Cosmos: other blogs commenting on this post">
alt="Technorati icon" />

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy