Men

How can one describe men on a blog about needlework? Infuriating. It seems men have a real problem seeing needlework as a job or being an artist as a job. I may not make any money at it but it doesn't mean I don't work. I work very hard trying to express myself in thread but sometimes I think it's necessary to express myself in words too. I am getting just a wee bit sick of the idea that one can just turn creativity off and on like a lightbulb or that one can schedule their work like a normal part time or full time job. Or that one can do all those housewifely duties all day long and then fit their life's work into a ten minute relaxation period after Oprah.

It ain't easy being a woman, unless of course you are a woman who is alone(and not too sure if that would be any fun when I'm not pissed off). Men have such stereotypical ideas about what their wives should be, whether they work in the home or out of it, we just don't get no respect.

I have been busy working on a christmas embroidery project for the coop, some crocheted ornaments instead of cross stitch ones, 2 different purses. The list is long. Not to mention the dinner, the lunches, the breakfasts, and the bathroom. So what is a woman's work? How do we balance our lives and our spouses our children our houses and most of all the work we love? How do we make enough money doing the work we love,expressing ourselves through our work and not really make enough money to say compete with a job as a cashier in Walmart? I haven't quite figured it out yet(obviously) and I also haven't quite figured my husband out(obviously) but I do know I've come to far to turn back now.

So off I go the stitchatorium and I'll be back soon. I think I'm going to change the first page of my blog so if you read this come back and tell me what you think. Thanks for reading Happy Stitchin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy