Threads

I do not know much about science nor physics but I must say I've been very interested in the string theory. the string theory says that everything is connected by invisible threads. I've recently uncovered one of those invisible threads. My mother was a young girl when her father left. My grandmother remarried a wonderful man and for all intensive purposes, he was her father and my grandfather. My mother did keep in touch with an Aunt and she told me about this when I was a teen. She showed me a card that her aunt had written and that was the last time I heard of the aunt or the card. I vaguely remember seeing it after my mother's death in 1983 but that's where the story ends or at least so I thought. A couple of weeks ago as I was working in my craft room (or in artist words my studio) I happened to look on the floor and there was the card. My heart skipped a beat as I read the card, recently I have been thinking about the family I have that I don't know and low and behold a card I haven't seen in 20 years ends up on the floor in a house I moved into 5 years ago. I had tried looking up the last name previously to no avail because I had spelled it incorrectly. So I googled the name and found a blog which I will not mention here unless something more comes of it and found a remarkable man who is my second cousin. What a lovely man with so many characteristics my mother had, smart outspoken and nice. From reading his blog I could tell that he was related to my mother, I can't explain how I just knew it.

I was going to write him a letter and as you know if you've been reading my blog I've been a wee bit busy so I called him. He was my mother's cousin and he sounds like such a nice lovely man. We talked for a while and said we will speak again. I truly hope so but even it never happens I have found an invisible thread connecting me with someone who has proven the string theory. That even though we are not directly connected to someone the similarities of our lineage can never be broken. The invisible threads connect us.

It really doesn't have too much to do with my blog, but somehow I felt it necessary to share the story. As a fiber artist I spend a lot of time thinking about threads and stitches and how they connect two totally different things or combine them together. It was an interesting life lesson for a thread artist. Hopefully there will be more to the story but just knowing of the connection might be enough.

Blessings to you and yours, keep stitching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy