Thanksgiving

Sorry no pics today. We had a most interesting Thanksgiving, one that kind of reminds me why I love my new life so much. My son has had a sore throat for about a week and took a turn for the worse on Monday, we went to our local emergency doctor and they gave him some amoxicillin took a strep test and sent us on our way. By Wednesday my son was feeling much worse so we took off for his pediatrician who sent us to the lab for a mononucleosis test. I still haven't gotten the results because the normally not very patient mom waited too long to call the doctor's office and they were gone for the day. Perhaps they didn't get the results yet anyway. My son seems a little better today. But I digressed just a bit too much.

So quarantined on Wednesday I decided to make the three of us lasagna for Thanksgiving day. Sounded like a great idea but I forgot the ground meat needed for the recipe so yesterday morning I got in my car and went back to the supermarket. On the way there I realized that gosh darn it, it's Thanksgiving not Christopher Columbus day. So I found the most beautiful 12 pound thawed turkey at a bargain price of $8.00 and bought all the fixings and made a glorious Thanksgiving feast just for me and my men. It was so quiet and lovely. I love the idea of quiet and lovely holidays, for as much as I love our family, I love holidays with the two of them more. It was a bit tiring being the only female cooking a feast but it really turned out well. And it reminded me why I love living here so much.

I've also pretty much gotten over the disappointment mentioned in my previous blog entries and realized that although the ending(whether it comes sooner or later) wasn't so great the total experience was. I think I will consider it as beneficial as a year in a trade school for some trade I probably would not love as much as I love being an artist. I worked with very interesting people and met wonderful people who love art too. I made a couple of friends who I hope will be lifelong friends but most of all I found myself in the past year. That is the hugest gift I ever received. Now it is my turn to be an artist on my own two feet and use all of the wonderful experiences(and not so wonderful) to my advantage. If you are ever offered an opportunity like this take it, it will change your life!

Happy thanksgiving, remember your treasures and keep stitching.

Comments

Patti Gibbons said…
We had a similar T-Day. Just my hubby and I, and a dear friend..my cooperating teacher 16 years ago.
The universe wanted us to have peace and enjoy a few quality people. :) patti

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy