Friday, January 4, 2008
2008 Resolutions For My Work- Inspire Me Thursday
I wanted to give visual interest to my goals and thought a butterfly/dragonfly purse was as good a visual interest as any as it is very cold and they remind me of summer.
1. I wish to find a shop in my area that will carry my purses and framed pieces.
2. I wish to start selling on either Ebay or Etsy and start my own website.
3. I wish to do work that is more self expressive.
4. I'd also like to push myself just a little harder to get out of the box that I have embroidered and knitted myself into. I found over the last year that the more I pushed myself to be more original the more successful I was.
5. I'd like to have the words hand embroidery artist slip off my tongue just a wee bit easier(on my trip to Joann's I had a hard time saying the word artist again).
6. I intend to keep reading other blogs that inspire me to be an artist and help me to find better ways to market my work. I have really become a fan of blogging and look forward to it a great deal.
7. Oops I forgot an important one, I'd like to get my work published in a magazine. It's been a dream for a while but this is the year I'd really like to do it!
Finally I think I would just like to find a way to market my work that allows me to be myself and be successful.