Odds and Ends

Last night I gave my first crochet class at Michaels. It was a lot of fun and I had two wonderful students. I think they went home happily after learning how to make a baby afghan. Both ladies had an affinity for crochet and seemed to be doing beautifully. I gave them my phone number just in case, but I hope to hear that they have finished a beautiful afghan and used the pattern to make lots of lovely things.

I finally went back to Tai Chi today after such a long time of finding excuses not to go. All I can really say is why? I think besides figuring out I was an artist, finding Tai Chi was the thing that made the most positive difference in my life. It moves your energy and somehow seems to gently unstick you from your blockages. All sorts of blockages. If there is a class in your area try it. It is a wonderful discipline and very beneficial too. I'm a little sore tonight because I have really derailed off the track but can't wait to go back again. I'm also doing pretty well on my healthy eating habit. Not worrying about weight but health.

I embroidered a bit today. Still working on my project. it is coming right along but still far from being revealed. I'll keep posting my work that I have and will be sure to post it as soon as I finish it.

I hope you are having a wonderful time and happy stitching.

Comments

lee said…
Sounds wonderful that you showed those ladies how to make something.....and they went home happy....I am also eating healthy, but i am trying to lose weight.
Patti Gibbons said…
I just took a class that combines tai chi, yoga, and pilates. It was interesting, but she spent an awful lot of time on balance, and I am poor at that w/all the metal in my r leg. It was at a gym, so perhaps it is more rushed, etc. Larry gave me a DVD on Quigong. Have not opened it yet. I dont' care so much about weight as I am about toning and getting rid of some of the fat bulges that I am not accustomed to, lol.
Sherry said…
Eating healthy...worrying about health not weight...that is a good thing!!

Going back to exercise....I'm feeling movitation from you...we always manage to find excuses to avoid this...why do we do that?!
My grandmother used her needlepoint and crocheting the same way--almost like breathing. Wish I'd paid more attention and learned how from her.
:-)
Michelle said…
Oh, tai chi looks so relaxing. I need something like that!! Congratulations on a successful class and how wonderful that you helped a few women find the wonder of crochet and yarn.

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy