Brokenhearted



Hi All! No I'm not brokenhearted just lazy. This piece is sitting on my family room wall and I have never put it on my blog before. It is a hand embroidered heart on tea stained material and framed. It was done about 2 years ago and although I've gotten a few nibbles nobody else wanted to take it home. I guess perhaps people don't like to be reminded of a broken heart.

I thought of a wonderful inspiration about silver, much better then my previous foray. It has to do with my hair which is now brown and blondish but for months was reddish and silvery gray. It drove everyone crazy but it was a life altering thing for me. I finally gave up the idea of being what others wanted me to be. I'm sure we all know family and friends who think they know what is better for your life then you do. I was told I was too young to have gray hair but if I had gray hair I obviously wasn't too young to have it. Seemed to be a constant source of conversation some of which I started myself.

Finally my grayish, silvery hair disappeared as a birthday gift for my hubby. It was important to him(he turned fifty) and it had done for me everything I needed it to do. I told him he was quite lucky I hadn't purchased a darker red color for my hair as everywhere I looked the week before I took the plunge I saw dark red fake hair and the gray would have remained. But I colored it on my own terms, with a color I like(and will be beautifully highlighted blond when all my hair is gray)it only took 25 minutes to do instead of the 45. Most importantly I realized that it isn't the color of your hair, or your weight, or the way you dress that makes you unhappy it is the perception you have of yourself about it. It was only by embracing the gray that I could love myself with any color hair, at any weight, in my sloppy old jeans. It was a wonderful lesson.

So try going gray especially if there is silver in there and keep stitching.

Comments

Lovely broken heart embroidery. I like your thoughts about greying hair too..
Tangled Stitch said…
Thank you Crafty Green Poet.

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy