Just Checking In

No pictures today. I'm busy working on a hand embroidery piece which I'll share soon. It's a goddess. My first one. I finished Crossings last week my new interpretation of a cross, just have to frame that one.

I took a creative break last night as I watched the Oscars. I loved it. I loved the Loved the beautiful dresses. My favorite was Penelope Cruz's. I loved the story about how she saw it in a store 7 years ago and said one day she would wear it(how it was still available after 7 years I'm not quite sure). I also loved her speech, somehow when we look at the beautiful talented Penelope Cruz we don't think of her upbringing. I loved all the speeches. I was thrilled with the winners. I don't think I've enjoyed the Oscars that much in a long time. I thought Hugh Jackman was great. I loved the past winners introducing the nominees. I thought the stage was beautiful and I loved the Swarovski crystals dangling above. The only quibble was the memorial tribute. Either show the people who died and pay them a tribute or leave them out, I think they were going for entertainment with Queen Latifah and the artistic way they presented it but death isn't entertaining. I guess it wasn't so much a break from creativity either, as I was able to appreciate the creativity of others.

Today it was back to work. Hope you enjoyed being creative or enjoying the creativity of others too. Keep stitching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy