Great Book to Suggest



Hand Embroidery on Muslin, currently at Katbird Shop, Schenectady NY.

Hi all! Hope you are all well. I've been busy stitchin up a storm. Trying to stay on a roll so my posts have been suffering a bit. I've got a great book to suggest to all my artist friends. It's called Creative Time and Space: Making Room for Making Art by Rice Freeman-Zachery. It's been helping with my time management issues and getting my focus on. It's filled with beautiful artwork to inspire. Nicely written and wonderful advice for when you are stuck or just need to feel understood. It's truly wonderful to realize that all those pesky little issues are experienced by such talented people and the idea that matters the most about the book is they conquered them all.

I haven't always been the most efficient person when it comes to time management and getting unstuck and this book is filled with valuable lessons. I'm working on a new small framed piece which I'll share when I'm finished and I've been working on a few other projects which I'll talk about when the time is right. In the meantime you can go take a look at the Katbird Shop or New Leaf if you are in the neighborhood and you can visit my blog links to see the beautiful work of others that are in my bloggy neighborhood. Blessings to all.

Comments

mendofleur.com said…
This is a great piece! I love the eye on the hand...so many thoughts come to mind when I first looked at this. It has a certain mythological feel to it and also spiritual.

Thank you for the recommendation of the book. I will definitely go to the bookstore and take a look at this.

Thank you also for your sharing with me recently on my post. I was very touched by your comments.
Diane J. Evans said…
I'm most interested in this book -- sounds like something I can use! Beautiful piece, as well!

Diane
painter of blue said…
Really beautiful. I love your hand pieces. I also really liked the cross from the last post. You inspire me with the amount of work you produce!
Deborah said…
Really beautiful piece. The eye on the hand is a theme I've thought of exploring.
Lynda Lehmann said…
It's a nice piece. Wish I lived near enough to see it firsthand (no pun intended).

We certainly DO, all have time-management problems. I try to live every day according to my deepest priorities, but that dedication to purpose, doesn't really help me to ORDER those priorities!
kanishk said…
I will definitely go to the bookstore and take a look at this.

Work from home India

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy