Let the Sun Shine In

Sunny Sampler  by DebraAnn813
Sunny Sampler , a photo by DebraAnn813 on Flickr.



This piece is called Sunny Sampler. I hope you like it. Sunny Sampler was done a while ago and it is available at The Katbird Shop. It is one of my favorite pieces. It's bright and cheerful and orange. The color orange is such a wonderful color to work with, it's hard to be blue or gray or anything other than happy when whistling a happy tune and embroidering with a cheerful color. And to see bright blue skies with beautiful fluffy clouds is also the most wonderful thing. Something about the winter sky when it is blue makes it just magnificent.

Today I'm working on some hearts to replenish my supply and as a gift after embroidering in gray for a few days. I'm working this morning on a Bluebird of Happiness, actually just a bluebird but bluebirds are the official bird of happiness, or at least I think they are. And the other wonderful thing about making bluebirds is that part of them are orange. Blue and orange no wonder they are the birds of happiness.

Speaking of happiness, I am still enjoying my Black Keys cds, but after careful reflection and a clearly silly act I've decided to let you find your own unique music to sing to, dance to, or embroider to. In the category of just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I probably should not share this with the internet either but I realized I was spending too much time on the computer when I could twitter world famous rock stars and tell them they are my muses. Now I am amused and mused and probably just a bit crazy(but if you read my blog regularly you've already figured that one out). Twitter is probably not my social network(or anybody's for that matter) because the ability to say stupid things to people you don't even know is too great and much too easy. I also like to talk, blog, facebook, and twitter without a filter, which is all well and good when you at least have a few minutes to think out a cogent reply or sentence on your social media and your friends and family love you anyway in real life. But world famous rock stars are a different story, they probably should not be contacted by anybody over the age of 13 so apologies to them if god forbid they ever happen to read my blog. Use this story as a cautionary tale before you write something stupid on your Facebook page, or your blog or twitter. I think sometimes people forget that what they say can be read or disected or talked about long after the words hit the keyboard. Now in my case I've realized this is just who I am and I am bound to say or write something stupid at least once a day, everyday and I've made peace with it. I also enjoy silly where ever I can find it because life is much too short.

But keeping that in mind it's not the silly things you have to keep to yourself, as they are what makes life worth living and gives you and your friends something to laugh about. It's the cries for help that are the most worrisome. Whenever I read a post like that I want to find the person give them a big hug and tell them life is short, find something you love, that makes you laugh, that makes your heart sing and do it. Just do it. I know this because I've had to learn that lesson myself. Although as a word of caution, try very hard not to twitter your favorite band, although I'm sure you, like myself will laugh at how silly you are for hours.

By the way let the sun shine in is the unofficial name of the song named Age of Aquarius by the Fifth Dimension and that probably was a song I listened to a lot when I was really young instead of just young at heart. I will be sharing some of my favorite pieces from the past to intersperse while I am busy working on new pieces. Blessings and virtual hugs to all those who need them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy