Bless the Beasts and the Children

Hi everyone!  This piece is called Why?  It was done as a themed piece for a gallery show in The Fulton Street Gallery.

Before I get started on my theme of the day I just want to clear up a few loose ends.  First off and most importantly I actually slept peacefully last night for the first time in weeks. I fell asleep about 10:30 and woke up at 5:00.  Why does that matter so much? It matters because after months of listening to the Black Keys in my ear while I embroidered nonstop I invented a story in my head where I was somehow involved with  the lead singer of the Black Keys.  I think it is because his voice touched my soul while I was dealing with the darkness of insomnia, menopause, and childhood trauma.  Plus there was the grrrrrrrrrrrr.  That grrrrr is god's answer to every menopausal woman.  Also note to self, I have given up my twitter account as it's a really dark disgusting place to hang out and waste a whole bunch of time that could be spent embroidering and as an aside, no one and I mean no one over the age of 12 should be able to contact their favorite artist.  You start to act like a 12 year old.

Secondly, my blog is going to change focus now that the darkness of the soul has lifted.  I have been getting tremendous feedback about my  revelatory posts about my childhood.  I have been able to reconnect with many of my childhood friends and have gotten closer to my childhood family in such  a profound way.  I am so thankful for their encouragement. I am going to start to tie in my embroidery with themes about children.  Children need a voice and a story that they can find when they are going through things they do not understand on any level other then the soul.  That means both children and children who have outgrown their childhood.I am also interested  in becoming more of a children's writer, so my blog may sound a bit fanciful at times.

Bless the Beasts and the Children was a popular song when I was a child.  It seemed appropriate to kick off my new focus with a song from my childhood.  Across the universe there are children who are being mistreated, neglected, abused and unloved. They are being abducted, raped and killed.  They are having all the safety nets that have served them well removed.   They are taking the arts and music out of the classrooms, without art and music I would not be here today writing this blog.  They are taking money away from schools in poor districts all over the country.  They are cutting mental  health budgets, early childhood programs like headstart,, and many other programs that mainly help children so that they can give tax cuts to extremely wealthy people who frankly cannot buy their souls back.  I believe that children are our future, we need to invest in them so we can start to regain the soul of our country and the soul of our universe. 

So there you have it, my focus for the rest of my life.  And to all those sweet little souls the princess and princes of our life, please remember that unconditional love of a parent who just loves their child so much that they want to heal their soul and share light anyway they can.
Keep stitching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy