Friday, May 4, 2012

What the World Needs Now is Love

This heart is currently available on my Etsy sight.  I will be adding more items to my Etsy shop later on today so check on your Facebook and Twitter feeds.

What the World Needs Now is Love sweet love, that's the only thing that there's just to little of.  That was a song sung by Dionne Warwick back when I was a little girl and it still resonates today, maybe even moreso. 

I've come to realize that the only way we can change the world is to change ourselves.  To listen to our inner drummer who has lived in all of us since we were young children.  Embroidery is my inner drummer.  I have been embroidering since I'm 6 years old.  It is my friend whenever I need one, something I can get lost and found at the same time, and something that no matter how hectic or harried my life can be will be something I come back to time and time again for centering, comfort and love.

God gives all of us gifts.  We are expected to use them for the betterment of society. If all I can offer is a little love heart that people walk away with, then so be it.  It makes me happy to create them and it makes someone else happy to buy it. 

My hand embroidery speaks to my soul and my soul was listening but I think my head wasn't.  I've noticed my head is sometimes a pretty cluttered place to hang out.  In opening my Etsy shop I've had to take stock in some of the work I have done along my path and they all seem to have one thing in common, they are peaceful and iconic.  They are based on the light within, the cross, passion, love, infinity. whimsy.  All of my peaces speak to the peace I could never find in my head.  I am living in silence a lot of the time now and I must admit it feels great.  It makes it easy to unclutter my environment, it makes me love embroidering even more then I previously did.  It makes my heart sing and my mind center. 

So while I let the rest of my life catch up to the peace in my mind.  I will keep framing pieces that have never seen the light of day.  Give away anything that I just don't love(so if you need something and wonder if I have it email me) and walk forward with a lightness in my soul, in my body and in my environment and you know what I think if every single one of us gave up something we hate and replaced it with something we love we would be a much happier planet and world.  Blessings.

No comments: