You're In My Heart

Today is a very special day.  It is my beautiful, loving son  Brian's  21st birthday.  I am so proud of the man he has become.  He has always been kind, loving, compassionate, responsible, humorous and he is  my reason for waking up every morning for the last 21 years.  I am so proud of him.  He is my sonshine.

I can still remember Halloween when he was a baby.   He was sitting on the couch next to a big bowl of candy and getting such a kick out of playing with the candy wrappers in the bowl.  He was just laughing that wonderful infectious laugh that babies are just known for.  Whenever I hear a baby laughing I think of  Brian.

When Brian was 5 or 6, he came home from school with a scratch on his neck.  I asked him what happened and he told me a boy on the bus grabbed him.  Being a 5 or 6 year old he didn't quite know how to explain the scratch, so I called the school and they told me a boy liked him so much that he was trying to hug hm and scratched him instead.

We moved  to upstate NY when he was 11, he was named the smiliest kid in the 6th grade, a distinction I'm not sure he really appreciated but I certainly did.  He has a beautiful warm smile.
He  is a wonderful and loyal friend.  His "girl"friends love him and adore him.  He gives them advice on their boyfriends, he writes them wonderful stories, he takes them out for pizza and I must say he has wonderful taste in the ladies he hangs out with.

He personifies unconditional love as he is always loyal, if something occurs that tests that friendship or his family,  he is always forgiving and accepts people for who they are not what they do in the moment.  I love that about him.

I am so proud of his accomplishments, my proudest day as of yet was his graduation from high school and I am proud to say he will be a senior at UAlbany in September. He is studying socialogy and psychology but my secret hope is that he will become a writer.  He has such a flair for writing and  his writing is insightful, interesting and humorous.

 I am just really blessed and thankful that this wonderful man is my son.  He has been so easy to love for every single day of his life. 

This piece is called Unconditional Love and as of the moment it has no destination.  Blessings.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy