The Christening

This beautiful baby is named Nicolette.  She is a beautiful teenager by now.  This was taken by her mother on her christening day and she is wearing a christening outfit that I made.

We are all given God given talents.  We usually discover them in childhood because that is when our brains are open to learning and we don't have the busy day to day responsibilities or woes to get in the way.  When we are children, we are just children.  I was a child when my grandmother taught me how to crochet,knit and hand embroider.  They have been a constant companion most of my life.  It is rare to see me without a needle of one sort or another.

I have the god given talent to be blessed with a gift of gab.  A compassionate and empathetic soul.  A wonderful smile and eyes that are welcoming to everyone who comes my way.  I think that makes me a magnet for people to talk to.  All of my life I have never had a problem finding people to share these particular gifts with and I'm thankful for them.

I have also had very poor self esteem most of my life.  I did not realize the gift of a compassionate, empathetic soul and a gift of gab.  Empathy is a double edged sword, it can make you compassionate or it can hurt you.  Sometimes you can take on the weight of the world and not even realize you are doing it.  I have never been very good at protecting myself so therefore I spent many years living the pain of others.  They thought I was the light, and I carried their darkness.

But as it turns out, all of my life experiences made me able to understand people and relate to them in an understanding way.  I think perhaps I would have been well served to give that empathy, compassion and understanding to myself.  That is where I am today.  I can't go backwards and relive those days and the absence of knowledge of what was truly beautiful about myself, but I can get up every morning and rechristen myself with the things I believe in.  I believe in God.  I believe in the Universe.  I believe there is goodness in everyone and we just have to look for it.  I believe in forgiveness for others and myself.  I take responsibility for being too blind to see that I was created in God's image.

I am a believer in dreams and fairy tales.  I believe in miracles and finally I believe in myself.  I can do anything I can dream to do and be perfectly content sharing my gifts with others.  I have come full circle and found the lost child of my soul.  A beautiful life is out there somewhere waiting for all  of us, do the things you have to do to find that beautiful life.  You are not being selfish you are just realizing that the person you were yesterday is not the person you will be tomorrow.  And the only way you get to tomorrow is to rechristen yourself in every moment and live the life you were meant to live.  That is my goal in life, to be who I am and share myself and my gifts with the universe.  I finally believe that all the way down to my soul.

The greatest gift we can give to ourselves is to find ourselves and believe in our dreams and be thankful for everything that has brought us right up to the moment of NOW.  I hope you have a beautiful day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy