Dancing with Myself

This piece is called Prom Dress, it is available at Valley Artisans Market.

I would like to give you a gift.  Put down whatever you are doing and go find some music that inspires and speaks to you and just listen, just work, or just dance.

The inspiration of music can not be underrated.  Music has the ability to go deep down in our soul and find the beauty in everyday life.  I woke up in the middle of the night with Clair De Lune by Debussy swirling in my head, inspiring a poem and a row or two on  the christening outfit I am working on.  Absolutely beautiful song about the moon by the way.  Just beautiful and magical. The poem can be read at The Connections That Bind Us at this link.  http://theconnectionsbindus.blogspot.com/2012/06/light-shines.html

I woke up this morning to Oh Darling by the Beatles and then I was just inspired beyond belief to embroider a piece based on The Long and Winding Road by the Beatles..  I've come to realize in the last few months just how closely I have bound my hand embroidery with The Black  Keys so I listened to their cds, sang along(seems to just go together) and even danced a bit too while I embroidered.  I felt total joy, which is an emotion  I've been searching for lately.  I had fun and was inspired both at the same time.  It was great.

And finally since I am sharing the prom dress, one of the songs of the day is Dancing With Myself by Billy Idol.  Just a really great shake your booty song.  I'm going to go listen to it now and get back to work.  Have a great day.

P.S. Both the christening dress and new piece are not even near sharing I'm going to be sharing smaller projects and promoting other pieces until they are.  Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy