The Love of My Life



Moody Blues is available at Valley Artisans Market in Cambridge, NY.

Hand embroidery is the love of my life. We have been separated for far too long lately. Hand embroidery has been the one constant in my ever-changing life.

Embroidery has been my companion since I was a little girl at the side of my grandmother. It's been there through the losses and the happiness of my life. It has taught me patience and forgiveness and joy. It has brought me closer to God then anything else in my life. I can feel his presence as I envision and create a new piece.

Embroidery allows me to be colorful, hopeful, peaceful, to feel whole. It stitches together all of the pieces of my broken heart over and over again. I can lose myself in the beauty of each stitch using both my hands and my heart.

When I am troubled embroidery is the first thing to go. I suppose it's a way of punishing myself, of not loving myself. It is a way that I can deny myself the beauty,love and peace that I so dearly need. I won't be putting it down again very soon as I realize it is my gift of consolation and salvation. It rights the boat in stormy seas.

I am going to be embroidering a lot in the near future, stitching together the pieces of my heart and trying to find purpose in what I do and who I am. I will use it to find my soul and my heart's desire. The next few months will be a rough journey but embroidery will give me the peace and tranquility I need to make it a more peaceful one.

If I were stranded on a desert island I would want 10 yards of muslin, a big box of embroidery thread, a few hundred embroidery needles and a scissor and then my life would be paradise.

Blessings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy