A Little Sunshine to Meditate

Couldn't we all use a little more sunshine in our lives?  Sometimes when we are stuck in the middle of a dark and windy road we can use a litttle sunshine for the soul.  A reason to wake up and smell the roses or the coffee.

I have recently taken up meditation, to new age music, to silence, to chants, to classical music.  Any of them will take me where I want to go.  I close my eyes, breathe deeply and am transported to a simpler time and place.  A place of beauty and peace.  A place where even the most difficult questions can be answered peacefully.

Of course then I open my eyes and I am still having a wee bit of trouble getting back into the real world, but since I've started meditating I find that the minute I become present with my breath I can make it go away.  It is one of the greatest gifts I can give to myself. 

My human brain is very busy, it can take molehills and make them into a mountain range.  I appreciate the ability to find peace even if it is only a temporary peace.  I am finding that if I give myself the gift of a few minutes of meditation I can come down the mountain much faster and at least settle into molehill territory.

That is my gift for you today.  If you cannot just close your eyes and meditate(it's difficult at first) there are wonderful mantras and guided meditations on Youtube that can help you on your way.  There are many different types of meditations and you have to find the right one for yourself, but I can say that once you learn how to get there any road will take you.  Blessings and have peace and beauty while you meditate.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy