Just Embroidery

Some days all we can do is try.  I am trying some tote bags today.  This is the morning view, the afternoon view is a little bit better but not yet there yet so I'll share it when it's finished.

Sometimes in life we have to go back to our version of comfort food, hand embroidery and crackers and cheese are my comfort food of the moment.  Embroidering is still one of the only things that can get me out of my head and into the vortex(or that moment of illusive peace in which all the answers of the universe come clearly into view, I'm still waiting for that one).

I wish I could say I have an answer for what I want to be when I grow up(yes I am aware I am already a grown up) but I don't.  For the last 21 years I've been a mother and everything else in my life revolved around that one job.  Now I'm divorced, living by myself for the first time, contemplating a future filled with uncertainty and I can't even focus on embroidery my other love.  Should I get a crappy job just to get a crappy job?  No I don't think so.  Should I go back to school and study something useful?  Yes probably but what?  Should I just give into the muse and embroider?  That answer is easy yes, it would be good for a self proclaimed hand embroidery artist to embroider art but nagging doubts and uncertainty have clouded that too. 

But at this moment, in this lifetime a little peace sounds so inviting and hand embroidery is peace to me. So off to embroider and hopefully I will at least find a finished project and a little peace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy