Only Human

January 13, 2013 and February 22, 2013


Because I have outed myself as a hand embroidery artist and a writer I have been feeling quite down on myself lately because I have not figured out how to make a living doing what I love, berating myself for not working and writing my blog more.  For a while to me anyway it seemed I was more interested in the pie than anything else so much though I thought of changing my blog to a food blog. 

But when you move to a quiet little town in the middle of the winter you have to invent places to go to see people and what better way than eating, so a couple of weeks ago I decided to stop eating my way through Cambridge and start working.  That made it easier and also harder because than I had to produce something. 

I work so much better with music blaring in my eardrums but my inner critic wanted me to figure myself out so I sometimes labored and I do mean labored through my work thinking I was stuck so far in the mud I would never get out.  What can I say I’m a mere mortal wishing I were a super hero?  I went back to a social network to offer my opinions on world issues and I hand embroidered.

I sometimes forget how painstakingly slow hand embroidery can be as a medium but as you can see I’ve gotten a lot done in the last month.  It surprised me to see how much I have done on the piece (it is 18 x 11 after all) along with a hand embroidered wheel hand, a peacock , a tote bag and a handful of hearts for the church who welcomed me with a lovely gift basket for future gift bags. 

I’ve also been handling my issues, trying to make peace with myself and getting used to being a divorced woman living alone for the first time in her life.  And I’m happy to say that even though there are still issues, there still is a bit of chaos and I’m still not quite used to being alone I’m getting better and stronger every day.  I am a work in progress.  

Human is a song by the Human League here is a video.


 
Keep on stitching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy