The Long and Winding Road Revisited

Hi All!  It's holiday season and I have been working on ornaments and other things for a while so this piece has been sitting waiting for me.  Every once in a while I would look at it and it would beckon me.  Put whatever you are doing on the backburner and come back to me.  It seems to be a metaphor for my life and myself at the moment.  Put whatever you are doing on a backburner and figure out what direction you are going in.

This piece brings me peace and joy when I work at it. It silences my mind and makes me believe I'm on a path, on the road.  The rest of my life fills me with questions?  What is my worth?    Will I always be alone?  Will I figure out a way to make money?  Will I finally figure out the road I am supposed to be traveling and where that road is?  I still don't have any answers so therefore anxiety. 

The one thing I do know is that I want to fill my life with beauty, peace and love.  How I am going to do that is a question I guess we all ask ourselves, but that is what I want out of my life.  I want some sort of certainty in a very uncertain world and a very uncertain future.  Perhaps that is why so many people stay in situations that don't work for them because the pain of a situation is a little  more comforting than being suspended in midair with no sure location for where you will land.

So I keep plugging.  I wake up every morning with a day filled with good intentions and then I get sidetracked(kind of like writing a blog while you are supposed to be working on your masterpiece).  It must have been easier in the days of Mozart when there were not quite so many ways to divert ourselves although the artistic mind was scattered even way back when.  But here I am today walking on the long and winding road and wondering how will I find my path?  And then the long and winding road beckons me, it says put what you are doing on the backburner and come back to me.  Turn off your computer and find some beauty and love and peace and joy. I am almost finished keep stitching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy