Joy

I guess I don't have to tell you that my art and my writing has been sort of a slog lately.  For the last two years to be exact, I've been kind of lost in a world of loneliness and then overcompensating not to be alone.  Grateful to have met many good friends on the path of not wanting to be alone.  But it has interfered with my work, an artist really needs to be alone and ok with the isolation and loneliness that being an artist sometimes can bring.  I'm really trying to get used to that feeling.  Thanks in advance for reading this post hopefully it will be the first of many in my new life.


Yesterday I went to the opening for the Fences Select Show in the Art Center of the Capital Region where I have recently rented an art studio and where Primal Scream was selected as one of 50 out of 300 entries.  It was very exciting and very humbling.  When it comes to meeting new people and carousing I am the life of the party.  When it comes to tooting my own horn, sharing my art not so much.


I met a lovely woman at the opening(I also met the juror which was quite a thrill to hear him talk of my work in such a way, I digress)who walked up to me and called me by name.  I had never met her before but she had seen my work(and my picture) for years at Valley Artisans Market and told me a story of a piece that she had purchased.  It was a little heart with the word Joy on it.  A simple word, a wonderful concept.  She told me that her friend had cancer and needed a little joy so she gave the heart to her. It hit me like a lightning bolt that this tiny little heart made someone else's day a bit better.  Someone who needed a little joy.  I took that as a sign from God that it is time to get back to work.  It is time to make art because we never really know what impact or what having it means to another.  It is time to help others find peace and meditation and help them to finish their projects(or finish them for them).  It is time to bring their favorite things to life(as a commission).    It is time to let joy rule my life instead of fear.  So here goes.

Thank you for reading this post I'm more than a little rusty.  If you would like to commission a work, let me finish a treasured heirloom, or learn how to hand embroider, crochet or knit please let me know.  I will be opening my Etsy shop up again soon(I want to have my ducks in a row before I start). If you see something you like in the meantime drop me a line. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy