New Etsy Shop Description


Welcome to my Etsy Shop. I am a hand embroidery artist/fiber artist.  I have been hand embroidering almost all of my life since my grandmother taught me when I was five years old.  I started selling my work when my son was two, when a friend admired my work and told me I should be selling it.  That was 25 years ago.  At first I did craft fairs and sold my work in stores.  I made hand crocheted christening outfits, baby clothes, and hand embroidered pillows and ornaments which I had hand drawn and hand embroidered.  Because I hand draw all my embroidery work all of my pieces are one of a kind.  At that time I lived on Long Island and had a nice mix of stores that I worked with and private customers.  About 15 years ago I moved to upstate NY and found my artistic side.  I found myself joining an artist coop and creating things I had never imagined I was capable of.  I’ve done craft fairs, have my work in a wonderful artisan market, several stores, have been featured in several group shows and have had my work exhibited in a local library.  I was divorced 6 years ago and opened my Etsy shop then but to be honest I gave up before I got started.  I became a waitress in the meantime and found that I did not have as much time to embroider and no time to manage my own Etsy shop.  That changed a few months ago when I took a part time job as a waitress and made a commitment to give Etsy and my hand embroidery more prominence in my life.  So although my store was opened in 2012 it wasn’t entirely functioning until a month ago.  I am determined to find the success I have had in my other outlets in my very own Etsy store.


All of my work is hand drawn and hand embroidered.  I love color and texture organically using them to make unique designs.  I start with simple designs and then let my needles do the work for me.  It is not unusual for them to take on a life of their own while I am working on them.  My favorite pieces are my Tangled stitch designs where I find a color and then I just look for the perfect place to add it.  They are always colorful and textured and I get lost in them.  I also make pillows, ornaments, and framed pieces using traditional and primitive stitching.  I am known for my ornaments in which I use lots of my favorite stitches the French knot.  People buy them and give them as gifts year after year because the majority of them are made for year round display.  I also do custom orders and finish projects that are left undone by those who have passed on or are unable to finish that cherished heirloom.  If you have any interest in either please feel free to inquire for a free estimate.  I hope you enjoy my work and would like to add some of my one of a kind pieces to your collection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy