Wish I were in Iowa

This post is gonna be another one of those political posts. Not very controversial, just political. Tonight is the Democratic Caucus in Iowa. I am breathlessly awaiting watching it on CSPAN. I am a real political junkie, I'm also an inspired one. Every four years I sit poised with idealism waiting for my candidate to be chosen. I was a Deaniac 4 years ago so I promised myself I would not get all idealistic again. But alas here I am idealistic that tomorrow will be a new day in America.

I am completely inspired by Barack Obama. He will restore my faith in human nature and the idea of idealism if he wins. One has to have a dream(it seems especially if one is an artist). I could probably support another democrat but it so much easier to do something when you are inspired instead of just voting against some one else. When I look at Obama I see healing. Healing for the United States and for all the countries around the world.

So there you have it, that is the reason I wish I were in Iowa!

I have some new pictures so I'll be back tomorrow! Sorry for the digression into politics once again!

Comments

dianeclancy said…
Hi Debra Ann,

I am right with you. I really like John Edwards too with taking on the corporations ... but last night we ended watching until almost midnight.

It was so thrilling to see a candidate (Obama) who is offering hope and dreams and vision the way Kennedy and Martin Luther Kind did.

It was so incredible the stature he had as he spoke ... giving us hope instead of being again ... not that he doesn't have principles .. he does ...

SO AWESOME!!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog
Anonymous said…
I love your post. I think you said it all perfectly. It was wonderful to see Obama come in 1st, he has a clear vision and is so inspiring and full of hope. I would support a few of the other Democrats, but I do like Obama,so much. Keeping my fingers crossed.
XOXO
No need for apologies!

Thought you might like some fun distraction: you got tagged by me:)!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy