My Blue Hand



This is my blue hand framed and hanging up in the coop. It is called ocean hand. I love to hand embroider hands. To me my hands are a symbol of what I love. I use them to hand embroider. I use them to type on the computer, I use them to knit and crochet and sew. I use them to hug my son and my husband and to pet my dog. I use them to turn the pages in the books I love to read and I use them to put on the cds of the music I love to hear. I use my hands every day doing things that I love.

I don't usually think about the importance of the hand. But since my topic is my blue hand I figured I should explain my fascination with them. I do quite a few shows in the local Shaker Museum near my home. I love to do them, I love the feeling of the old building. They liked to make things with their hands and with their hearts. I think my work kind of embodies that. Hands and hearts. They say a palm reader can read our lives through our hands and I think she would find that my hands give me much love and happiness. Think of all the wonderful things your hands do for you and show them gratitude. I am thankful for them. I am thankful for the love and talents that flow through them. I am thankful that I decided to name my post my blue hand. Peace and happy stitching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy