Gratitude

I am just filled with gratitude today. I am eternally grateful for the variety and color of my favorite embroidery thread. I am eternally grateful for my son who I love more then life itself. I am eternally gratefull that he does not have mono, it was just a virus. I am eternally grateful that I am free of my obligations to the place where I learned so much. I really am eternally grateful for the opportunity to have been there for to realize that one is truly an artist is the best gift in life. The ability to self express is wonderful even when it is painful. I realize how much of a gift this ability is because for so much of my life my self expression was closed off even to myself. Now I can look at the most ordinary piece of work and see all the little details which I love so much. Even all the messy little details of my life and the past year.

It literally was a year abroad or it might as well have been with all the things I learned about the alien living in my body. Now the alien is me. I don't know if anyone from the past year will read this or not but if they do I hope they realize the wondrous gifts they have given me and the appreciation I feel for being set free to move on. Most of all I am eternally grateful for the gift of life and the turtle who is my own personal animal totem. He represents longevity and knowledge of self. Longevity is something I strive for and knowledge of self makes it possible. Thank you world.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sometimes we just need to take a breath and allow ourselves to take stock of life. You certainly have a lot to feel grateful for in your life. Blessings xxx
I go through this everday.....a ritual of sorts. I wake up and I remind myself of everything I have to be grateful for (not saying that on some occassions I forget or that it stops me from being depressed later in the day.....) but, more often than not, I find myself appreciating every little breeze and at those moments where I don't "feel" like an artist, I relish in the fact that I do, indeed, create art, whatever it is. Whether I'm making lunch for my son or laughing, I'm creating art, something that wasn't in the world before I put it in. It's an amazing feeling, that gratitude.
Anonymous said…
I love how you took the time today to focus and reflect on all the things you are thankful for in your life. I try to journal about gratitude, but don't do it as often as I should. Your post was beautiful!
So glad you son does not have mono. and I hope he is feeling much better soon.
Your work is so lovely! I went back and looked at some of your pictures. Just beautiful!
XOXO
Tangled Stitch said…
Thank you lovely ladies for your wonderful posts. It's nice to know someone reads this stuff. I used to be a political junkie but this is so much more fun and so much more inspiring so I am thankful to the blogging world!

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy