Summer Dreams



Since it is a freezing cold day and summer is no where in sight I decided to amuse myself with a little sunshine. This purse is called Wisteria on Silk. It is hundreds of purple french knots on a summery green vine on White Silk with a beautiful beaded handle. It is one of my favorite purses especially since it took so long to make.

When I look at it, it reminds me of weddings, proms and many other joyous occasions during the summer. It has a lovely pale green satin lining and it really is a lovely piece. Perhaps if I have a joyous occasion this summer I will keep it for myself. But I am at the age where most of my friends are married and none of us have children old enough to get married. So perhaps it will be used for someone else's special occasion.

Now to the art of it, which really is the point I suppose. It is interesting in it's simplicity. Basically it is green outline stitch with hundreds of purple french knots embroidered all the way around the top. I am a lover of details, especially little details both in life and in art. And french knots are one of my favorite stitches. Therefore I melded the simplicity of the green outline with the more detailed and complicated french knots. The photo may not show the depth and detail of the purse, but I think it is beautiful up close.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to write about so I guess I will leave it with the french knot for today. I will ponder summertime some time closer to summer when it doesn't make me so melancholy. For now I will leave you all to happy lives(especially those who love winter) and happy stitching.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can tell from the picture how beautiful it is. It is simple, yet elegant. It does remind me of summer, sigh, if only it were closer. I am already sick of the snow!! The knots really make the purse!! I hope you keep it for yourself and go to a very special celebration this summer!!
XOXO

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy