There's No Place Like Home

Hello everyone! I feel kind of like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz after a two day trip back to Long Island. I never realized just how much I didn't fit in there until I went back there for a couple of days. My stomach is in tumult because everything I ate gave me heartburn or made me queasy. I couldn't drive my car. Too many cars. Therefore I couldn't visit my best friend or my aunt because they lived 45 minutes from my inlaws and my hubby had plans both nights. The local modells made me feel claustrophobic between the racks and racks of merchandise and all the people you had to bypass to get around the store. I probably should have looked at it as some sort of labyrinth or something, instead it felt like a claustrophobic maze. I was looking for Jack Nicholson out of the corner of my eye.

It was lovely to see the inlaws though. They are so hospitable. Hopefully next time I will be able to see my friends and family. The food did taste fabulous although it didn't settle very well. And I had a lot of down time to embroider to my hearts content since driving anywhere gave me hives.

But the moral of my story is there is no place like home. Home for me at least. I am back in my house with a bit more room, my block with neighbors at a lovely distance and no through traffic with my dog who has finally stopped barking and my family is content. I am thrilled to be back on my computer and have plans later to listen to my favorite music and yes embroider some more.

I hope you soon have a chance to feel the feeling of being content in your current life with the knowledge that even though there is sacrifice in leaving all that you love(and don't love)behind you have made the right decision for you. Keep stitching and I promise no politics (hopefully nothing will inspire me to get political again) and plenty of pictures coming for the New Year.

Hoping you a very happy, very creative, very abundant New Year.

Comments

I hear ya, HOME is a wonderful place to be. Displaced in Alabama here, I've learned to be content where I am...it beats pining for what's out of arms reach & I'm the happier for it. lol Happy 2008, your art shines bright this New Year. Will stay tuned.... Monica
Sybil Archibald said…
I feel the same way about Long Island! I also have inlaws there. Thanks for adding my blog to your links. Happy New Year!
Sandra Evertson said…
Happy New Year!
Sandra Evertson
Anonymous said…
What a great post! Thanks for the reminder. With all the company still here, I have been a bit grumpy, but I need to remember what matters. This is so very true. So very well put. When I come home, after being away, I always feel such relief wash over me. A huge sigh, just so glad to be in my own space in the world.
XOXOX
Happy New Year! The best is yet to come, my friend :)
dianeclancy said…
Hi Debra Ann,

I am with you on this one for sure!! I love visiting my Dad but can't stand the people and traffic. I love getting home!!

Here's to a great year for us all!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog
Tangled Stitch said…
Thanks to Eileen, Neda and Diane. Your friendship and comments mean very much to me. Happy New Year! I hope we all have a wonderful wonderful 2008.

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy