Sunny Sampler



Hand Embroidery on Acrylic Watercolored muslin

Hi All! Sorry about such a long space in between blog posts but I've been on a pretty creative roll and I've been limiting my computer time(because I seem to get carried away on a spider in spider solitaire when I turn my computer on). This piece was fun. I had this beautiful piece of acrylic painted fabric and I started out with the sun in the center and then had the brilliant idea of doing a non traditional sampler. It was loads of fun. Back stitch, outline stitch, french knots, the little boxy thing bright orange and red colors. It was soooo much fun. I've been having quite a bit of fun lately filling every available piece of fabric with embroidery. Many more projects to come. I've made a small tree, another small fish, a cross(or my version of a cross). I finished a ribbon piece I started moons ago. And I've also framed a bunch. Add that to the photos of the two pieces accepted at the Fulton Gallery and the one piece accepted into the Mimosa Gallery and you can see why I haven't been here waxing poetic. I don't want to share the accepted pieces until the openings so I'll share them soon. I hope you have been wonderfully, wonderfully busy and creative too. And just as an aside I am also enjoying painting the yards and yards of ordinary muslin in my home so I have enough fabric to inspire me for quite a while. I am thrilled with the water diluted acrylics with just a bit of stiffness(which I unbelievably enjoy). I thought it would make the fabric more then just a bit stiff but it worked very well and makes it stay in the hoop more easily too.

Sorry for the long break, I'm going to see what I have missed while I was working and I hope to be back soon!

Comments

look at you! This is amazing. Next project: mural?
Judy Olson said…
Wonderful work!!! And congratulations on all your gallery acceptances too! I am hoping some of your creativity will rub off on me today, I need to get back in the creative groove.
Deborah said…
I love this! An unconventional sampler is a great idea!
Tangled Stitch said…
Thank you it was such a fun piece to do. I'm beginning to think that orange is my new favorite color.

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy