No Pictures

But a lovely day with an old friend. My friend Gail came up from New Jersey today with her husband and we had breakfast at Panera and we watched curling as her son was competing in a curling competition in a nearby town which was the fortuitous reason for her visit. It is so funny Gail is one of my greatest old friends and my son was a toddler last time we had face time, but it's funny about great old friends you cannot see them for generations and when you do you remember exactly why they are so special to you. We went through so much in our crazy early twenties. And now we can talk about our sons and sit and chat about politics and everything else and never miss a beat. Her husband is wonderful too. Very self aware and spiritual. What a wonderful day and I didn't want to let it pass without comment. Off to watch the Oscars and embroider some.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Judy Olson said…
Curling!!!!!!! I am so jealous! Have a great week, hope to see you soon.
we love Panera too; sounds like a great day
Tangled Stitch said…
Thanks Gals! It was a great day. The curling kind of took me by surprise I didn't expect to like it so much but I did!
Lynda Lehmann said…
Sounds great to me!

I have one or two old friends whom I didn't even know for that long before they moved away, yet we always resume with that sense of comfortable familiarity!

And the ones who go WAY back to my youth, well, that feeling of kinship never changes, either!

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy