Something Different



This piece is called Date Night and it currently resides at Valley Artisans Market.It is hand embroidery on watercolored muslin. It came to me one day on my drive home from VAM and it was one of those pieces I just had to make. I love when inspiration comes when I wasn't really looking for it. Don't you?

A few of my favorite pieces came to me that way. Hope, the piece with the black hole and the hand coming out if it was another. The barn was inspired by the barns I would see on my trip up to VAM. But luckily the black hole wasn't really inspired by a black hole, although those creative droughts can seem like one. Have you had pieces that popped into your mind at the oddest of moments?

It's a really busy time at the moment, I'm embroidering ornaments and I don't really need inspiration for them this time of year. It's kind of nice just making small portable pieces that you can finish in a few hours. I've made lots of new designs which mirror my bigger pieces. I feel that if someone likes my work and can't afford a big price tag something small and portable to hang on their tree or on a doorknob is a great way to spread some creativity. I'll be sharing some of them too.

Thank you for the comments regarding the bear! Especially the comments about perfection. I think looking for perfection and the feeling of inadequacy that comes with it is a trap that I try very hard not to throw myself into. It isn't always easy and for years it was impossible but thankfully I've learned to at least try to put perfection on the back burner and just be myself for a change. I can't say I'm any less imperfect but I am a bit happier! Keep stitching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy