Happy Thanksgiving a day late!



Happy Thanksgiving a day late. Had a wonderful holiday with family back on the island. So nice to see everybody. The kids have all gotten so much older(where does the time go anyway), the food was delicious, and the company even better. I am blessed to have such a wonderful family.

I have so much to be thankful for and news to share with my artwork also. Tomorrow is our Holiday Open House opening up in Cambridge at Valley Artisans Market, there are so many beautiful things to choose from. I am so looking forward to it! Please drop in and give it a look you won't be disappointed I promise. We are also having a raffle for a Valley Artisans Market tote bag,jam packed with goodies from all of the artisans. All you have to do is spend $20.00 and you will be entered in the raffle and that also means that if you spend $40.00 you will have 2 chances. $60 and you will have 3 and so on and so on. The artwork included in the raffle is very beautiful so please come.

I will also be selling my work at Samantha's Cafe(and gift shop) up in Glens Falls. Samantha's is a wonderful cafe with delicious food and beautiful artwork. I recommend the bread pudding and the butternut squash apple bisque. They are delicious. Right now they are carrying hand embroidered ornaments but coming soon will also be carrying some of my hand embroidered pieces and crocheted scarves.

Lots to keep me busy and grounded during this hectic time of year. That is something I am also thankful for. I am also quite thankful for the opportunity to show my work in The Katbird Shop in Schenectady with the wonderful Kathy at the helm and to have my ornaments carried by Jim at Desolation Road in Altamont. And once again a reminder to shop at the Christmas Craft Fair at Albany Shaker where there is also a raffle for a beautiful quilt along with many talented artisans.

Now that my Black Friday sales pitch is over, may I just remind you that tomorrow is small business Saturday so buy local. With my next blog post, I will get back to what I enjoy the most, hand embroidering and talking about hand embroidering. My greatest thankfulness this year is the opportunity to hand embroider and have my work in enough places to keep me happily, meditatively using my hands every single day! I hope you are having a very creative and meditative holiday season too. Keep stitching(so that you don't do that very stressful holiday thing that rhymes with stitching). Blessings to all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy