Needles and Pins

TURTLE : Mother Earth : Turtle is the oldest symbol for the Earth. It is the personification of goddess energy and the eternal Earth itself.  Turtles also signify longevity, creativity and grounding. Their shells protect them from the few predators the turtle encounters.

I think I would like to touch on the goddess energy of the turtle. I never really thought of myself as a goddess in any way. Although I do have an embroidered piece that is folded up somewhere which I might frame one of these days that I created as my goddess. I gave her a name and everything. But back when I made her, I never would have told people she was my goddess. Even now the word goddess makes me a bit uncomfortable.  But somewhere in my soul I think every woman should think of herself as a goddess.

We are the beings who make the work of the Gods(or so they think) possible.  We do all the little things men need to have done for them.  We have children and raise them.  We cook for and nurture them.  Some of us work out of the home and come home and take care of the children.  And some use the creative spirit of the turtle and create art.  But whatever we do we are goddesses who create life and bring tenderness and love to the masses.  For the most part anyway.

Embrace your inner goddess and then embrace your outer God and live life and do what you love because that is when the goddess is at her best, when she is creating something out of love.

Needles and Pins is a song sung by the turtles. I used to love it as a child and it's the perfect song of the day.  Here is a link for the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDZcKkExz4o&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL8572652F68682CE2

Here are the links for the turtle totem. http://www.whats-your-sign.com/animal-symbolism-turtle.html and http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/turtle.htm.  Have a great day.



Comments

Deborah said…
Lovely! One of my favorite symbols on one of my favorite shapes.

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy