You're in My Heart


This holly and berry wreath is now available in my Etsy shop.

I have been thinking a lot about hearts lately.  My heart and all of the wonderful hearts I embroider.  It is a symbol I just love to use in my embroidery.   Our hearts give us warmth some days and hurt others.  Our lives are just waiting for us to give our hearts away to someone.   When you are a hand embroidery artist it gives you lots of opportunities to give your heart away.

Every stitch is thought out and meditated over.  Every heart has meaning.  Combine the two and it is a surefire way to keep your heart functioning and your brain quiet.  This piece is made with my favorite calm down stitches, lots of little tiny brown stitches, surrounded by little green stitches and topped off with little red french knots like icing on a cake.    I need to remind myself of that every once in a while.  Especially when I haven't gotten enough sleep, my mind just wanders and rambles and a nice little embroidery project just calls my name and says calm down girl you can fret and worry tomorrow.  Today you have to look after your  own heart.

So a looking I will go.  Blessings to you, find your holly and berries and music you love.   You're in My Heart was done by Rod Stewart back in the day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy