Focus on the Positive



The stitch is a bit tangled lately and needs to focus more on what’s important.  She’s really let the things that matter most in her life take a back seat lately.  It’s not that I’m not working.  I’ve written a couple of poems and songs that may or may not see the light of day.  I’ve started a few projects which may or may not see the light of day.  The problem is I am having an issue sticking with just one project long enough to finish anything even the smallest piece.

I’ve moved into a new apartment, leased a new car($250.00 worth of gas in December was just too much), almost gotten a divorce but still feel like I’m stuck in a hole waiting to get out.  I guess big changes mean big doubts and a conscious effort to remember to do what you love at least for a short part of the day.  I still think I want to go back to school and may need to get a job but can’t seem to focus on which of those options is the best idea so at the moment I’m still an artist and a writer.

On the plus side, I have spent some quality time with my son and am very proud of his efforts to take care of himself with his mother not always around.  He’s changed in remarkable ways and has taken over as the main caregiver to the trusty dog Charlie, who I really miss a lot if truth be told.  I can’t have dogs in my new apartment and I’m not quite ready for a cat. Although to take Charlie from the home she’s loved for the past 10 years would be a terrible thing to do anyway.  She’s a great old girl and I know she is being taken well care of.

As for the hand embroidery part of my future, I am working a bit here and a bit there.  I’m feeling a little blocked probably because the idea that it has to be somewhat profitable has taken the fun out of being an artist.  I still think one can be whatever one wishes to be in this life be it a doctor, a lawyer, an indian chief or an artist so I’m hanging on to the dream even if it is only by a thread.  I’ll share my latest works just as eye candy for whatever I’m writing until I get a better handle on which direction to go in.  I’m using more of my talents and switching from one medium to another until I figure it all out.

My blog is going to be a bit more of a hodgepodge for a while until I get a better handle on which artistic direction to go in.  Reality has taken a slightly stronger hold although I still think I am capable of following my dreams and doing what I love to make a living.  But that requires focus.  So if I really wish to be a writer I really have to write so this blog will be my main focus and will be where I will share what’s important to me and how I am finding new and exciting ways to express myself both in art and writing.  I have 68 followers (if they still follow me) so it’s a good start. 

It’s the beginning of a new year and a new life so becoming untangled is of the upmost importance.  Hug your kids (they are always your greatest creation).  Find ways to be happy and get focused and get back to work.

Comments

Anonymous said…
In the expensive vacation event that you are found lugging a [url=http://www.soldesacslongchamp.info/category/sacs-longchamp-pliage]longchamp pliage outlet[/url], certain steps shall be taken. Based for the item involved, you should be required to return the thing to people car, discard of the usb ports, mail it to your dwelling, or switch it over that will airport stability.
In the case of [url=http://www.longchampbagoutlet.info/category/longchamp-bags]longchamp bag[/url] femmes, there happen to be several guests who only think about one gate, but the truth is that you can get three. The initial checkpoint is when you attend register for one's seat for the plane. This is a timewhen you're presented with all your boarding moves and when you've got to hand over the hand bags [url=http://www.saclongchampachete.info/category/longchamp-pas-cher]sac longchamp pliage[/url] that you choose checked.

as your famous brand in baggage, hermes is known as a queen. here for more: [url=http://hermesjapan.webnode.jp/]http://hermesjapan.webnode.jp[/url] 2013
click below for even more [url=http://baghermesjapan.webnode.jp/]http://baghermesjapan.webnode.jp[/url].

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy