The Simplicity of Sheep

Sheep are simple animals that have symbolized benevolence, honesty, nobility and peace. I think that sums up their place as my favorite animal to hand embroider.  The simple pleasure of dozens of French knots for those times when honesty and commerce meet.  They have always been my favorite thing to embroider and a favorite among my customers.  They are scattered in the mountains of Upstate New York in far lower numbers than their living counterparts.

The holidays are a wee bit of a struggle for me as both of my parents died the first week of January a very long time ago.  I’m determined this year to be a bit different and sitting down to embroider some sheep with just a little background noise was just what my soul needed that day.  They are just so simple.  A little circle, a head and some black for the bottom of their legs.  But they give me hours of enjoyment as we all know French knots are the stitch that makes the tangled stitch heart go pitter patter.  They bring me peace.

My ornaments and art always have a little symbolism attached but none quite so much as my sheep hearts.  When my creative juices are dry and I can’t think of anything else to embroider I can always do some sheep.  They truly do hold the key to my heart and my sanity.  Focus, focus, focus.

This lovely sheep can be found on my Etsy shop here:  https://etsy.me/2Xhblih.  While you are there you can find more detailed designs featuring my love of sheep also.  I offer free shipping on orders over $35 so feel free to look around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy