Work in Progress

Merry Christmas!  This is the latest piece I’m working on.  It’s coming from a place of colorful flow. Moving forward bit by bit adding a new color or a new stitch.  No plan seeing what develops.  I feel that way about my life too at the moment.  Moving forward in a direction I’m unsure of.  I am looking for answers that are too vague at the moment to pinpoint a solution so I’m being a hand embroidery artist which is what I’d really like to be anyway.

At the moment I am waiting to go to Brian’s so more time to embroider.  I knitted a Christmas gift which although was made in love did not float my boat enough to go back to designing knitwear.  It turned out lovely and had a slight pattern to ward off the boredom but by the time it was finished I knew that isn’t my path anymore.  I had a little time picked up my hoop and a couple of strands of beautiful thread colors and my heart was singing.  Embroidery has given me peace the last few months but the hearts really haven’t made my heart sing for a while.  I think I will still offer custom hearts because the last few months have shown me I can do dogs, hedgehogs, sloths, squirrels and lambs among other things.  If you are interested drop me a line.

I’ve slowly started to make art again, abstract at the moment.  I just pick up my wayward threads and find a place for them.  That is what I always enjoyed until the real world got in the way.  I’ve been meditating too and realized the blockages that made it impossible for me to focus on my future.  Now I am just moving forward and letting my threads do the talking or at the very least the peacemaking.

I am hopeful that the answers will come because they have to.  I’m a single woman living on my own and I have to support myself.  I’m trying to find a real life job which will answer my questions but at the moment that seems illusive too.  So I embroider happily.  Embroidery is a meditation for me also so I’m sure I’ll find the answers.  In the meantime I’ll keep stitching, you keep stitching and may we all find the answers we are looking for in the new year.

Can’t wait to go see Brian and enjoy Christmas.  Merry Christmas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy