Peaceful Stitching

Stitching has always brought me peace even as a young girl at the side of my grandmother long before I started to sell my work and call myself an artist.  It is literally the only time in my life when I just chill and be.  My grandmother taught me everything.  How to thread a needle, how to do certain stitches, how to use a crochet hook and a knitting needle, how to find peace in a moment.  It has gotten me through many of my most joyful and traumatic moments.

This piece was just an exercise in peace.  A time to just be without a particular destination.  Filled with lovely peaceful shades of blue done in straight stitches and French knots.  A slowly running river or a beautiful blue sky, whichever I was imagining.  A time to just focus on peaceful blues while the world outside is raging.  To quiet the ever present noise in my head.  I hope you like it.

This piece is available on Etsy and can be found here. https://etsy.me/2FaqzxD



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy