The Barn


This is something a little different from my usual work, the voice in my head suggested it.  Both the barn and getting out of my comfort zone.  I have been going through a fearful time worried about money and the fact that I turned 60 with no safety net.  I’ve been pretty much living out of fear.  So I started meditating and found this beautiful voice in my head that makes suggestions. Some of them work some teach me lessons.  Mostly it tells me to love myself and do what will make me happy.

At my day job it taught me to focus on the part of my job that I love, which is my customers.  I truly love people, find the thing I like about them most and forget the rest.  I think it has worked you would have to ask everyone else if it works for them.

As an artist it means sitting myself down and embroidering in silence.  I feel that has given me a modicum of peace and helped me to focus.  I seem to have always had a severe case of monkey brain with a thousand different thoughts going in a thousand different directions.  I can’t watch the latest news story without thinking I’ll get the latest virus or some foreign dictator will nuke us.  I guess that comes from being an empathetic soul or coming from a traumatized childhood.

I’ve unearthed a lot of stuff while meditating and I have gotten used to the silence and find embroidering quite soothing.  So when the voice speaks I listen.  Be yourself, believe in yourself, love yourself, trust yourself.  Onward and upward.

The Barn was hand embroidered using different shades of greens, reds and pale blues in mostly back stitches and straight stitches.  The tree was embroidered using different shades of brown and green French knots.  The Barn is currently available on my Etsy shop.  https://www.etsy.com/shop/DebsTangledStitches

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Of Ovation

More Ornaments

Joy